Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Effectiveness of Will Power!

The realization last night?  This week is really going to test my willpower.  After nearly pummeling through my bonus points in one sit down serving of trivia (BBQ Chicken Fingers, Potstickers, Mile High Icecream, oh my waistline!) , I only have 8 bonus points left for the week... And I have 4 more days to go (which says something since I didn't even count Monday, a day I definitely killed all my points).   This includes the ever fearful weekend.  When I made the decision for weekly bonus points (weight watchers gives me a total of 35 per week) to renew on Mondays instead of Thursdays I knew I would be holding myself accountable all week long to guarantee I would have extra points for the weekend.  This is the first time I haven't let myself be accountable, so I am really putting the system to the test. 

Last night I immediately thought of giving up and just calling it a scratch week.  But where's the power in that?  I am stronger than this, I am in more control, and I'm not so addicted to food that I can't say no.  I'm just going to have to work a little harder this week and do a little more research.  I will get more satisfaction on Sunday saying, I did it! Then crumbling and falling and giving in to food.  Plus, next week is a long food week anyway.  I'm taking a mini vacation to Cincinnati, Ohio for Oktoberfest and do intend to drink beer and not be so point conscious.  A small break if you will.  I need to be realistic with myself.  If a small break is truly deserved, it needs to be earned.  Just like in running... you can't earn the downhill without the uphill.  

1 comment:

  1. Yes it is a good idea to stray from the black and white thinking...usually doesn't work out for the best.

    ReplyDelete