Friday, June 24, 2011

I want to be a success story

A toast... to Day 1 sober.

It seems every time I try an online "food journal" of sorts I always find my way back to my Xanga page.  Case in point, I didn't even know I tried an online journal before and came across a Xanga page I had created about two summers ago.  It was horrifying to read what I had written. (Think now, why I'm not using it!) Here was a girl who knew what was wrong for her (an eating disorder) but entries riddled with everything that said I'm not going to stop it.  Words dripped with anger, pessimism, and an over all whatever happens, it didn't matter.

But that was two summers ago, and this is now.  I'm matured in that I know I need an outlet to vent on, express my frustrations, failures, and moments of weakness.  But I also know now that not only do I not want to be a slave to an eating disorder that has consumed various parts of my life for nearly 7 years; but that an eating disorder also DOESN'T WORK.  The turning point really has been I could continue in my old ways, but its not showing any effect on the scale.  Sticking to a PLAN, EXERCISE, a stable mindset, those are things that work.  I know this is not a switch or a cold cut process.  I want it to be! But I know its not.  So here I am, in a stable mind saying this is it.

I've been following Weight Watchers fairly closely for the past 5 months or so and constantly read success stories of individuals who have lost 10, 20, 50 even 100 pounds.  Their stories are simply inspiring! I can't get enough of them! 

But guess what... It's my turn to be a success story ... and you have the pleasure of following me along that journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment