Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Happy Anniversary

In the midst of all my ranting, I forgot to acknowledge the one month anniversary of being "sober"!  Time does kind of fly....

And even the scale gave me an anniversary present this morning... it finally blinked and gave me what I wanted, a lower number!  I guess success does happen when you rationally work out problems, and not just go to the cheapest, quickest fix.  In your face, Ed!

A special thank you to one of my followers (you know who you are love muffin) who gave me guidance last night as a follow up to yesterday's blog.  She suggested my diet lacked protein, which is crucial when trying to lose weight with a combination of working out.  I learned by not having adequate protein in my diet fat is not being targeted when I work out, in fact, fat is being stored. Definitely not what I want.  So, to fix the problem I had a delicious egg white and salsa breakfast with dry toast; and am heading to the store not to stock up on Greek yogurt! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment