Thursday, November 1, 2012

Fighting On


Tomorrow's weigh in has me a little more than nervous. It's one of those sick to my stomach, can't snap out of a funk nervous days. I may have slipped up on my promise not to have pop this week (I've had 2), but I've been guzzling water that should more than make up for it. I've also hit the gym every day as promised, and only last night fell short of my 1 hour goal (after 42 minutes I realized I really would rather be at home with the hubby). I realize it’s not the end of the world if I've put on weight since last week... it’s just that ever since I realized I packed back on the weight (and much more than expected) I haven't been able to break out of a continued depression I've had. More than anything I just want to feel happy again. I want to see a number that doesn't make me feel like quite a failure. It's something that’s hard to admit, but any number really won't make me feel better tomorrow or worthy of my dieting woes. I just want to wake up and poof! The last 2 months haven't happened eating wise. Sigh.... the fight continues on.

What helps a girl snap out of such a funk? Shopping. Always. Right now I'm on the hunt for the perfect little black dress to wear to New York with my sisters when we dine at Tom Colicchio's NYC restaurant. (My reality obsession is Top Chef, I've eaten at his Dallas restaurant and it could easily qualify as the last meal of my life, can't wait to try the NYC version). If I can use November to get some of this weight off I've promised myself I'm allowed to splurge and buy. (Who said a little bribery for motivation doesn't work?!)

 
Express.com Would love this little beaut!

Express.com- Could double for NYE?

Express.com- A little short for school but at least I can use it for winter!

White House Black Market- Could totally teach in this!


White House Black Market- Come Hell or High Water I want to pull off the tunic look!

No comments:

Post a Comment