Monday, November 5, 2012

New Meal Monday- Turkey Joes and Chips


This time change is certainly throwing me off- dark by 5:50? Really?! In my mind this means it’s time for soup season. Unfortunately I did not prepare adequately and my kitchen lacks basic essentials for getting a good pot of soup going, oh well, maybe next week!

I'm keeping this one short and simple- I have a lot I want to blog about this past weekend but for whatever reason I'm lacking the motivation to write the blog. Could be the 75 minute workout? Or worried about my chips burning... Either way I'll save that for a midweek post!

This Week's New Meal Monday: Turkey Sloppy Joes and Homemade potato Chips:

The turkey sloppy Joe’s I'm not doing anything special. Just follow the back of a can of good ole Man-Wich substituting ground turkey meat for ground meat and Wahlah! Turkey Sloppy Joes. I'm putting mine over a bed of lettuce instead of the bun to save a few calories, and save some lettuce in my fridge from going bad.

Homemade Potato Chips: Serves 2

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon ground pepper

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon Emerald Essence Seasoning

2 Red Skinned Potatoes peeled and sliced

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 375

Peel and slice potatoes- mine are about 1/8th inch thick

Line Potatoes on baking sheet and spray some type of non stick oil (Pam, etc). This allows the spices to stick without using olive oil- a little taste difference, but not much.

Combine 3 spice ingredients- sprinkle generously over sliced potatoes.

Bake for 25 minutes. I suggest flipping them at minute 20; otherwise they get a little dark on one side.

Nutrition:
2 Weight Watcher Points


A little cheese instead of a bun, yes please!


Easy peasy! Not quite the homerun meal like last week, but I did laundry all day- I figured that was housewife-y enough with dinner still on the table!

PS- my husband loves this whole new meal Monday thing- he even sent me a text to remind me! Hopefully he's not let down this week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment