Monday, November 12, 2012

(The Delayed) Weekly Update

So Friday morning I genuinely was avoiding this thing.... I had every intention to update the blog in the afternoon when I got home from school but time just seemed to slip away from me this weekend. For a "no plans" weekend, I certainly filled every minute.

So a long a due weekly update...

The Bottom Line
-1.0 lbs

Total Weight Loss: 4.6 lbs

Positives for the Week:

1. Great week in the gym. I felt I hadn’t blown my weekend like I did the weekend in Hocking Hills, yet I remained on my vigorous workout schedule. I truly felt like things weren’t going to be that bad Friday morning. I plan to keep it up.
2. Waking up at 6:05 on a Sunday morning to go for a power-walk? A positive for the week doesn’t seem enough, this practically deserves a parade!

Room for Improvement:

1. Eating when I’m not hungry… particularly Thursday for conferences. I had a particularly heavy lunch since I knew I wouldn’t have time for dinner but that didn’t stop me from eating the meal Chris made for me when I got home. Maybe I felt guilty the food would go to waste? Maybe I was just eating to eat? Either way, I point this as the reason what made me post-pone my weekly blog update.
2. Am I really trying that hard? This is something that crossed my mind Friday morning. When I saw the original number and had an absolute meltdown the thoughts began processing am I really giving this my all? Yes, I want the weight to fall off, and rather quickly, but if this was the case wouldn’t I be trying quote, unquote “harder.” Yes I’m putting the time in at the gym, and yes staying well within my points, but there is almost a feeling of lack of deprival. It’s a bit hard to explain, but by me not feeling all that deprived from what I’m eating (the occasional cookie, drink with dinner) am I really putting my all into this diet? Does diet automatically mean withdrawal? We will see what this week brings.

3. I’m bringing a lot more water into my diet this week. Like, a gallon a day. I plan on dedicating an entire blog to this once I process 4 days of the ultimate hydration, so stay tuned!

This weekend was the first time in a long time I actually ate out every night. I really tried to eat as healthy as possible, focusing on how my stomach was feeling and not over doing it. I ate a lot of salads, A LOT, but they were really yummy and left me feeling full every night. Combine this with the gallon of water I drank each day and the form of cardio I forced myself to do, hopefully it will remain a successful weigh in week. I feel like I should break it down for a future guide if this week does in fact remain successful, if it does not, I can further look where to tweak. I'll admit right up front, I'm not including the bread I ate, and I did enjoy the basket of bread on more than one night. That’s right, basket.

Friday: Dinner at Roosters with mom. Shared the chips and queso appetizer and I ate half a red, bacon, and blue salad. There was so much bacon on the salad (and I do love bacon) that I didn't even need much dressing.
Saturday: Dinner at Brio with Chris. Half a brushetta appetizer with Chris and a side wedge salad. We also had a couple drinks but it was a Saturday night and I'm not going to feel guilty for that.

Sunday: Dinner at McCormick and Schmidts: Since Chris is a vet (thank you honey!) he got a free meal at our favorite seafood place. Last time we ate here I went absolutely nuts since it was so delicious. This time I decided to go with the side wedge salad and half an order of shrimp scampi. I know Shrimp scampi and pasta is as far from healthy as you can get, but Chris was not hearing it when I told him I'm only ordering a salad at a fancy seafood place. No drinks this time, and they didn't have the dessert I thought they did so no desert either.... So not as horrible as it could have possibly been.

Obviously today will have a second post since it is new meal Monday... so another stay tuned for tonight!

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment