Monday, November 12, 2012

New Meal Monday- Spice Rubbed Roasted Salmon

As promised- New Meal Monday!

Tonight's dish: Spice-Rubbed Roasted Salmon

I will forewarn about tonight’s dish... I did a fair amount of guess-timation. I didn't physically measure my spices because the original recipe called for 6 filets of salmon (almost 2 pounds). Because I had no intention of eating 2 pounds of salmon tonight, I just sprinkled my filet generously with spice.

Ingredients:

1. Salmon Filet
2. Sea Salt
3. Ground Cumin (one of my new favorite spices to cook with! Feel free to enter a “That’s What She Said” here, I did the first time I wrote it).
4. Paprika
5. Ground Cinnamon
6. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
7. Cooking Spray
8. Lemon Juice

Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 400'
2. Spray a sheet of tin foil with cooking spray
3. Place salmon filet on tin foil and sprinkle generously the 5 spices.
4. Splash approximately 1 tablespoon of lemon juice over filet, and wrap the foil as a "pocket"
5. Bake in the oven for approximately 22 minutes.

"Foil Pocket"
Nutrition: 3 Weight Watchers Points (Old System)

 
Yummy Yummy!
Minus the defrosting process of the salmon filet, this dish could seriously not be easier!  Plus it tastes a bit like Christmas with its big bold spice flavors! I paired with a side of long-grain wild rice making my whole dinner a total of 7 points.  Not a bad day paired with my 2 two point snacks and California roll for lunch. I should have plenty of omega-3's going through my system (whatever they are good for!)

Enjoy!

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment